Monday, 21 April 2014

MAYBELLINE: BETTER SKIN.

'iya loves,
 
 
 
 Up until now I don't think the new Maybelline Better Skin from their Super Stay range has been promoted all that much. I stumbled across this range when I was browsing on Boots back in January. I managed to pick this up over a month ago, I decided to pick the foundation and concealer up. As far as I'm aware these are the only two products in the better skin line. If you're familiar with the Super Stay line then you will know the foundation isn't exactly light coverage, it's lasting power is really good however they're shade selection is slightly yellow. The lightest they do is light beige which I will end up investing in because ivory is slightly too dark for me.
 
The foundation first of all is a thick consistency compared to some of my other foundations. It blends really nicely, has great coverage and great lasting power. I like the fact that it looks flawless on my skin, and it doesn't look cakey. I'd recommend just the one layer because as with any foundation you layer it on too much and it just becomes one hot cakey mess. The packaging I really like. It's similar to the super stay packaging only slightly different. I love the bottle and love the fact it comes with a pump it means you waste less product. I love the blue on this bottle too I think it makes it pop. Not only that blue is my favourite colour not that, that should define how much I like the product ;) I've had this on from the early hours of the morning and then come home late at night and it still looks just as good and hasn't budged. This foundation has got SPF20 in it so I'd recommend this mainly for daytime wear and it would be perfect for summer. I wouldn't recommend this for a night out if you're going to be using flash photography simply because of the slightly high SPF it's going to cause a white cast in your photo's. It will leave you looking like a milkman. I adore this foundation and if you're looking for a new foundation that's affordable then you can pick it up here for just £8.99.
 
Now the concealer looks like a little lip gloss tube. Can't say I'm a massive fan of the packaging but I love the concealer. It's great coverage, works well under the eyes and on blemishes. It doesn't look cakey even though it is quite a full coverage concealer. It doesn't budge throughout the day and it doesn't crease which is important for a concealer. As with the foundation I don't think the claim of 'giving you better skin in 3 weeks' is correct personally. I just don't feel like it's going to clear up your skin. What it does do is make your skin look more radiant, healthy and flawless. So if that's what you're looking for then these products may be for you. The concealer is £5.99 and you can find it here. Maybelline is currently on 3 for 2 at Superdrug so go grab yourself a bargain.

If you'd like to see my review/demo that I did over on my channel then find it below!

 
 
have you tried either one of these, if so what did you think?!
 
love,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx