Saturday, 22 March 2014

NAKED BASICS.

'iya loves,
 
 
 
 
 URBAN DECAY: NAKED BASICS PALETTE £20

L 2 R: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S (Walk of Shame), Naked 2, Faint, Crave

This palette isn't a new one in the beauty world unless you've been living under a rock and don't know about Urban Decay's Naked palette range. However, this one has only been in my collection for about three months now. I'd been swooning over this palette for bloody ages. I thought to myself I didn't really need it because I had Naked 1 and 2. When there was talk about Naked 3 and the release of the third it made me want it even more. Simply because I talked myself into needing the third naked palette.

So what makes this palette different.. well there's only six shades so it's half the size of a Naked palette.. also it is literally just basic shades. With five matte shades and one shimmer. Two shades can be used a highlight, then with two possible lid shades or even crease shades if you want something even more neutral, and then two darker shades to really define the eyes. Naked 2 and faint also work well for brow shades. I find this is a multi purpose palette. Venus is a gorgeous off white shimmery highlight colour, which I love to use over the lid and sometimes under the brow and inner corners. It also doubles up beautifully as a highlight for the rest of your face which is why I love this palette. It's such a multi purpose palette which would be great for travelling.

Venus - Slightly off white shimmery highlight
Foxy - Matte beige/yellow toned highlight
W.O.S - Flesh toned matte colour
Naked 2 - Cool toned matte brown
Faint - Deep dark matte brown
Crave - Deep matte black

Foxy is the only shade that appears in any of the naked palettes the other colours are all different enough in my eyes to justify needing this. I find this palette a great little guy to have with me if I'm working with colour because there's colours in here to use as a transition shade to make blending a lot easier. These shadows are all great quality, buttery and easy to blend. As with all Urban Decay shadows they're not chalky and fall out is minimal with the exception of a couple of colours in the other palettes. If you're just starting out with make up or shadows then this palette would be a great option for you. It's neutral, simple and so easy to work with. You can create simple everyday looks and even spice it up a little, make it sultry for a gorgeous night time look. Despite only being six colours in this palette it's still versatile enough to create a wide variety of looks. A great offering from Urban Decay as always. Find these either on Beauty Bay which is linked above for you, or at Debenhams if you're from the UK. Sephora also stock them as they now ship to the UK which is exciting.

Main Channel - Extra's Channel - Follow me on Bloglovin' - Like me on Facebook - Tweet me your Thoughts - Instagram - Keek


2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite palette. I use it everyday for work and like you said it's great for travelling!
    http://thirtysomethingoap.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it's my go to if I don't know what to wear on my eyes! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx