Thursday, 30 January 2014

Accessorize: Lovely Day

'iya loves,
I stumbled across the palette accidentally. I know that may sound crazy however I was in Superdrug one day must have been at least a year ago now. I'd never seen accessorize as a make up brand before not in Superdrug anyway. Turns out it was new to Superdrug. What really caught my eye was the packaging at first. Although it's not something I can say I love it stood out to the plain packaging of palettes you can find in the drugstore.
Of course this palette is a neutrals palette. You're probably thinking how many do you need?! every single one ever. I'm not kidding either, I see a neutral palette and get so excited, I have two currently on my wish list ;) I love shimmer shadows and this palette is filled with a lot of those. There are also matte shades which are great for blending out colours to make the eye look, look less harsh. They're also great for transition colours which helps with the blending process. There's a lot of warm toned colours in this palette which I love! There's also a few colour options which aren't too bright but are bright enough to add a pop to an everyday look. You've also got your darker colours which are perfect to spice up an everyday look or perfect for a night time look.
The pink and the burgundy are by far my most used colours believe it or not in the palette. I love how those two blend out together they look really gorgeous! The swatches above are also going across as rows. So let's talk quality. For a drugstore palette these are such good quality. You get 32 eye shadows which are so easy to apply and blend. You get a bit of fallout with the more shimmery colours however that's almost to be expected with drugstore shadows, and working with darker colours. They're pigmented, and long-wearing especially when it comes to drugstore shadows. That's my biggest pet peeve when it comes to shadows not being long wearing and pigmented at the drugstore. I'd definitely recommend this palette if you're on the lookout for a new palette. It would be great to start out with as well if you're just getting into make up!
have you tried this palette or anything else from the Accessorize line?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx