Tuesday, 17 December 2013

SLEEK // au naturel palette.

'iya loves,
 
If I were to say I'm obsessed with Sleek make up it probably wouldn't be a surprise to you especially if you watch my Youtube channel. I think they have a great range of products, affordable, well pigmented and long-lasting. So needless to say I've found a palette I've been obsessing over. I've been using it for a few months now and used every single colour!
 
 
As you can see the palette comes with 12 shadows and a double ended applicator. I personally don't like these applicators I think they're rubbish. Just throwing it out there haha! I honestly do though. When I was starting out with make up I thought they were the bomb. However nowadays they just don't seem to apply the colour all that well. The eye shadows aren't too small either and I love the packaging. As with all sleek palettes they are just black. Only downside to that is they can get filthy in your make up bag. Girls you know what I'm sayin' when I say that! It's like a magnet attracts foundation, concealer, bronzer anything you name it! I really love the names for the colours in this palette too! Now what would this post be without some swatches..
 
 LEFT TO RIGHT: NOUGAT, NUBUCK, CAPPUCCHINO, HONEYCOMB, TOAST, TAUPE,
 
LEFT TO RIGHT: CONKER, MOSS, BARK, MINERAL EARTH, REGAL, NOIR.
 
This palette consists of 8 mattes and 4 shimmers. To me this palette screams perfect for everyday however you can also make a really sexy smoky eye perfect for a night out!
 
MATTES//
NOUGAT, NUBUCK, CAPPUCCHINO, HONEYCOMB, TOAST, BARK, REGAL, NOIR
 
SHIMMERS//
TAUPE, CONKER, MOSS, MINERAL EARTH
 
I think my favourite shades in the palette are taupe and conker which are both shimmers and then regal which is a dark matte brown with slight purple undertones. I think the sleek palettes with the more neutral shades like this one can be an alternative to the naked palettes if you don't want to pay out £37. As shown in the swatches these colours are so pigmented. They're a very buttery consistency and easy to blend. What makes this palette so great is you've got some great options for highlight shades no matter what skin tone you are. Great transition shades too. Ideally you want them to be matte so you've not got a ton of shimmer happening! The matte black is perfect. Black can be a little scary however if you use a little bit you can incorporate it into an everyday look. It works great if you pop a tiny bit in the outer v shape and blend. When I say blend I do mean blend haha. Keep blending and if you find it takes too much colour away then just build it up to the colour intensity you like. Blending a lot softens the black so it's not so harsh. It's a great alternative to eyeliner too, smudging some black eyeshadow along the upper lash line turns and everyday look into a sultry smoky look. As I say this palette is very versatile there's so many colour options, if you want nearly naked eyes or dramatic dark eyes. I'd say it's definitely worth getting your hands on. It comes in at £8 which is fab! I own quite a few of these palettes and so far I've not been disappointed. I get a lot of use out of them all! To brighten some of the matte colours up or even the shimmers I'd use a cream base. The NYX jumbo pencil in milk is great. It makes the colours more vibrant and makes them pop!
Let me know your thoughts!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx