Wednesday, 30 October 2013

bourjois healthy mix serum.

'iya lovelies,
 
It takes me a while to review a foundation because I like to use it for a good amount of time before I feel I can give an honest opinion of it. Foundation is something I'm always eager to find the perfect one of. Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation which I've loved and loved for all of this year. I've reviewed it on my blog and over on my beauty channel. It's my favourite drugstore foundation of all time. However I've found another which is up there with that one.
 
 
This foundation I purchased end of June and I thought it would be perfect for the summer. I was right about that! I reached for it all through summer and my beloved wake me up foundation got pushed to the side. Now bare in mind there are two versions of this. You've got the healthy mix serum and the healthy mix foundation. The foundation is in a different bottle all together. What's so good about this?! First off it's a gel based formula which I've never tried in a foundation before. The serum contains 3 fruits, lychee, goji and pomegranate. You're probably thinking why does it have fruits in it?! Well good question! The fruits contain vitamins and anti oxidants which aims to help erase signs of fatigue, even out complexion and revive radiance.
 
The application of this foundation goes on so smoothly. It melts into the skin without even much blending which I love. There's nothing worse than having to take ages to blend in a foundation and it still look cakey. This doesn't look cakey at all it gives a flawless finish. It's a semi-matte finish. I find my skin looks really healthy when I wear this foundation. I feel it's semi-dewy and semi-matte. It definitely helps even my skin tone out and even covers blemishes. Sometimes I find I don't even need to wear concealer with this foundation.
 
I feel you could build this foundation up to make it full coverage. I think it's medium coverage if you apply just one layer. However it's completely lightweight and feels like you've got a light coverage foundation on your face. I don't like wearing foundations that feel heavy on your skin. It's a really natural finish that makes you're skin look healthy. Clues in the name I guess ;) It is slightly on the yellow undertones side but I find it works well with my pale skin. I use the shade 52 vanilla and blends perfectly with my skin tone.
 
Price wise it is £10.99 a bottle. (available at Boots and Superdrug!) I think that's slightly on the more expensive side for a drugstore foundation. However I'd say it's still affordable especially for how fabulous it is. I love the packaging and the fact it comes with a pump. I don't really like foundations that don't come with a pump because I feel like you end up wasting product. 1 pump of this foundation is normally enough to cover my entire face. However if I'm having a particularly bad skin day I'll use another pump. This wears really well and lasts all day on my skin. To increase wear of this foundation I'd say wear it with a primer. It wears and applies fine without one though!
 
I'd totally recommend this foundation to everyone. It really is one of my holy grail products now that I cannot be without it. It's up there with the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation which you guys know I love to death.
 
have you tried this foundation?!
do you have any drugstore holy grail foundations?!
let me know!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx