Wednesday, 17 April 2013

rimmel match perfection foundation.

Hiya Beauties,
 
Okay so first of let me just say I rave about Rimmel products. As of lately they're really on the ball and have just released the kate moss nail polishes which I cannot wait to get my hands on! Putting that aside though, I have always got on with their foundations. This is until now.
 
 I picked this foundation up at the beginning of the month and really did have high hopes for it. I've seen good reviews and it hyped up on Youtube. For me though this really didn't work. For one of two reasons. One my skin was playing up slightly so where I had been ill I had dry patches. If you have dry skin stay away from this foundation. It clings to any dry patch on your face and emphasises it even more. Anyone with dry skin will know what I'm saying here when I say you don't want that at all! Secondly, this foundation broke me out like something rotton! I've never known a foundation to do this to my skin. I am going to look into the ingrediants. I was on my 3rd or 4th day of using it and was at work. I noticed red patches and spots all over my face. Bare in mind this was the only new product I'd used. My skin really didn't appreciate this foundation so brought me out with a MASSIVE allergic reaction! It's clearing up thank god, but still a bit of a nightmare! I looked up online to see any negative reviews and a couple of other people have had this problem. Not too sure why but I'm going to look further into it. As you know I've tried over Rimmel foundations and none have broken me out like this one.
 
Putting all that aside I really am disappointed because when I first started using it I loved it! Perfect match for my skin. I have it in the shade 'ivory'. They do a slightly lighter one as well which is great if you have pale skin. You can see I'm impressed with the colour range. The packaging is exactly the same as the Lasting Finish one minus the lid colour. As you can see this one is blue. It also has the pump which I love it means you don't waste any product! Glass packaging too, which I love it makes the foundation look more of a higher end one if that makes sense! The price of this foundation is £6.99 which to be honest is totally affordable.
 
Now this foundation claims to have traceless coverage with advanced smart-tone technology. Basically no matter where you are and in what lighting your colour never changes. As with some foundations in certain lighting it can appear darker or lighter. I find my skin looks even all day and it stays the colour it is when I put it on. Overall I wish my skin didn't have an allergic reaction to it because it applies nicely and lasts all day! I'm interested to know if any of you have tried this foundation and like it? Minus the bad points I've said it gets a tick everywhere else from me! There are other products in this line so I'm interested if anyone has tried any of them too!
 
You can purchase this from everywhere and anywhere that sells Rimmel Products! Boots and Superdrug I'd say are your best bets so I shall leave the links for you below!
 
 Let me know your thoughts!
 
Love,
 


3 comments:

  1. I was really impressed with the shade Light Porcelain.. but I didn't think the staying power was very good on my skin :( great review though honey xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to find the lighter shades it can be a right nightmare! Thank you hunni! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's done the same to my skin! Red sore blotches and spots so severe I've had to see a dermatologist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx