Thursday, 21 February 2013

First Impressions: Morganville.

Hiaa Loveliess!!
 I'm totally obsessed with Vampire books. Ever since I read the Twilight Saga I've found a new love for them. I used to feel that A lot of the vampire novels came out just because of the Twilight Saga. However I decided to put some of these feelings aside and actually have a look and see what's out there. As you may already know I'm completly addicted to the House of Night series. I shall be my thoughts and opinions on that series soon but considering there are 10 books currently in that series that shall be a long blog post!!
 
Morganville is nothing like Twilight or House of Night. For me it's been hard to get used to the concepts in this series. I'm only the second one at the moment which is 'The Dead Girls Dance'. Within the first chapter of the first book 'Glass Houses' there is violence. This sets the tone for the whole book. The series itself focuses on more traditional myths about vampires, which is completly different to Twilight and House of Night. So far I am really liking these books. There's a glimmer of romance throughout the first and the second. I've heard romance becomes more of a main focus round about the 4th book.
 
I'm already finding this series hard to put down. If you guys don't know I love read whilst having a lovely hot bubble bath! I find it so relaxing. I also like to read before I go to bed, however if I've got spare time during the day there's nothing I love more than putting in my iPod and just getting lost in a book. I've already got ideas of how the characters look like in my head. I don't know if anyone does this but the story plays out in my head like a film! :) As of right now I should have finished the second one within the next couple of days. I am totally excited to read this series.
 
There are 13 currently in this series with a further two set for release this year. They retail at £6.99 each in Waterstones. With that being said I've only ever purchased one from there which was the 12th (Black Dawn) for £5. The rest I've purchased from the works. 1-12 are £1.99 each or 3 for £5 which is a total bargin!! The latest one is currently £2.99 however that will go down to £1.99 within the next month or two. I would totally recommend giving this series a try if you're a lover of vampire series'. I shall also do a full blog post on this series once I've finished it!!
 
Laters
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every single comment! If you have any questions feel free to contact me or tweet me @hannnbabes_x3 xx